Our FY21 strategic focus.
This year, Uniting continued to focus on delivering our 4 key strategic priorities of culture, social impact, service evolution and responsible stewardship.
Our 4 strategic priorities:
Bringing our mission to life through our values to create an inclusive, safe, reliable, and person-centred culture for our people and the people we serve.
Working to change the circumstances of vulnerable and disadvantaged people through a range of programs and partnerships, including our Future Horizons initiatives.
Evolving our person-centred service models and our capability and quality frameworks, to meet the changing needs of people and communities.
Using the resources entrusted to us by the Uniting Church, government and partners wisely, and investing for maximum social impact.
This year, the Uniting Board contributed to the development of the Future Directions strategy for the NSW.ACT Synod of the Uniting Church, approved in April 2021.
In FY22, we’ll be aligning Uniting’s 10-year strategy of prioritising the people and communities in greatest need, with the Church’s new strategic direction.
The Uniting Church is renewing itself as a contemporary, courageous and growing church.
The Future Directions strategy reaffirms the Synod’s direction-setting commitments:
- A commitment to rural and regional ministry
- A commitment to ministry with people in the first third of their lives
- A commitment to walking together with First Peoples and to the covenant with Congress
- An ongoing and active commitment to the stewardship of the earth
- An ongoing commitment to working with presbyteries to organise ourselves to promote growth within and through our congregations